Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

2012

I'm sitting here wondering, why did I start this blog? What purpose do I intend it to serve? I don't think there is going to be any great impact created by me blogging to anyone but myself. Who knows if anyone will even stumble upon this and take the time to read my posts. I intend only to find a home for my thoughts and experiences as I journey towards a life that is better for the animals, better for the planet and better for my own health. 

Now that we've officially entered the New Year I feel like I have the opportunity to set goals (not resolutions because honestly, who keeps those) for the coming months...and maybe the coming years? I've been thinking a lot about what I want from life, and what I want to use my life to do. The past few years have been a turbulent mess of unhealthy habits, broken relationships and self-doubt. 

I've wasted far too many years worrying about things that I can't change and looking past the things I can. In the past year alone I have accomplished some really amazing personal goals including graduation from University, backpacking through Europe and scoring an awesome 'big-girl' job. Rather than relishing in my achievements and being proud of my accomplishments, I tend to instantly pick out the wrongs or the flaws of my own situations. I want to learn to appreciate myself and my accomplishments.

That is goal number one.

Unhealthy eating habits have haunted me for too long. While I won't go into deal just yet, I know that the habits surrounding the role food plays in my life is far from healthy (or sane). Food become the enemy too young in my life and created a tailspin of nightmarish habits. I want to learn to be free of my demons and find peace with food. I also want my food to be peaceful and I have vowed to myself, and to the animals of this earth, to follow a diet based around plants, peace and love (hence the title of this blog). 

This is goal number two.

Despite my unwillingness to appreciate all that life has given me in the past, I know that I have been given so much and I want to give back to the planet and all those I share it with. My deep love for animals gives me strength and I want to find a way to give back to the beautiful creatures that humans so selfishly take from. 

This is goal number three.

I will be updating (hopefully) daily as I carve out a new place in this world and move closer to achieving my goals of health and happiness. Stay Tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment