Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

The documentary and journal entry that changed it all.

Written on December 21, 2011 after watching the documentary EARTHLINGS. Whenever I doubt my diet, or really, REALLY want a piece of cheese, I read this entry and remember EXACTLY why I follow a plant-based diet. I remember exactly how I felt watching Earthlings and how I vowed to change my life as a result.
---
I feel guilty, helpless, disgusted, sick, heartbroken, shattered and ashamed. I’ve just finished watching the documentary EARTHLINGS which showcases the abuse, neglect and suffering that humans inflict on helpless animals every minute, every day. Year after year, all for the sake of food, entertainment and clothing. I literally can’t even comprehend my emotions right now. I get it. I finally get it. I had my UH HUH moment! I am so ashamed to be part of the human species right now that can create this awful, vain existence for the beautiful creatures of this planet. To be honest , I did not expect to be THIS shocked after watching the film. I have already exposed myself to the cruel welfare that animals endure for the sake of human wants. I have read a number of books and articles and watched similar documentaries about this same issue, but never, NEVER before have I had to fully bare witness to the disgusting, inhumane hell that these animals endure. Seeing it really is believing it and I can’t pretend that I haven’t seen it now and turn my back. I will not turn a blind eye. I must accept the responsibility and the role that I play in this disaster. By purchasing and consuming ANY animal products, I am literally killing them with my own hands. I won’t do it. I won’t play a part in this animal holocaust any longer. I’m moving 100% to a plant-based diet. I don’t care about my health, or my weight or what anybody says. I don’t want the animals to suffer and I refuse to play a part in it. I may never eat tasty food again but I don’t care. I will not be a senseless murderer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment